Who we are
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via the Website may include.
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number.
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you.
- You telephone calls may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
- This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how visitors use this site. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are small text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. No personally identifiable information is collected about you unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on this website.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, our professional duties including those imposed by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To answer your queries and to process your instructions;
- In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on our other services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before confirming your instructions.
- The anonymous information generated by Google Analytics cookies about your use of this website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then processed to compile statistical reports on website activity for london-law.co.uk only. We use these reports to evaluate and aggregate visitor usage so that we can optimise the content to better meet your needs.
We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes nor will this prejudice our duties owed to you of confidentiality once you confirm your instructions to us to act on your behalf.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you.